4 Aug 2009

Polishing the shoes?

Small miracles happens around Swami Vishwananda. A devotee wrote us this story:
Whenever I needed guidance or help, I asked Swami Vishwananda in my meditations, and help and guidance was unfailingly given. There was no doubt in my mind that Swami was assisting me whenever I meditated and asked for help. Yet Swami Vishwananda is very subtle and never takes credit for any help or guidance that I received.
A small incident happened to show the subtleness He displays. We had a function at a house, and I arrived just on time. I thanked the Lord for the new tradition I had adopted of leaving my shoes outside the house, as they were filthy dirty! It would have been embarrassing walking into the function with my dirty shoes. I left my shoes outside with thirty other pairs (I noticed that most of them were dirty) and went inside. Later on during the night, we were making a mould for Swami’s feet and I noticed that the mould began to crack slightly. I began filling in the cracks and Swami walked in and jokingly said, “Don’t change the size of my feet.” Later on I had to collect something from my car. I went outside and was about to put on my shoes, when I noticed that they had been beautifully polished. Everyone else’s where dirty but mine were shining! I thanked the owner of the house for cleaning my shoes but she replied that she had no idea what I was talking about and that she did not have time to polish my shoes. I knew that Swami had acknowledged me for fixing the mould. Although this is a small almost inconsequential incident, it showed me the humility of this great Avatar. There are many levels to Swami Vishwananda and I have only just seen the tip of the iceberg. I thank the Divine Mother for giving me an opportunity to have a Guru that has qualities that I can only aspire to. I know that my life journey has only just begun.