26 Aug 2009

A picture of Krishna

In the year 2000, Swami Vishwananda was visiting us and talking with people at our home in Switzerland; at that time I was eight years old. Finally, it was my turn to talk with Swami. For a long time, my dad had told me stories of Lord Krishna and I felt Him very close to me. I yearned from my young heart to see Krishna and to be able to talk with Him. Now my golden opportunity had arrived and I asked Swami if he would show me Krishna. Swamiji told me that within three days I would have my wish fulfilled and that I would see Krishna. My eight-year-old mind thought that Krishna would come through the window or that he would suddenly appear behind me. I thought that with Swami’s blessing, Lord Krishna, Himself would appear and speak with me like a normal human being. But it didn’t happen that way. On the evening of the third day I had just gotten into bed when, astonishingly, a picture of Krishna appeared to me! I could see only a picture of Krishna with His upper body and face as He played His flute. One after another, people who were unknown to me appeared, as pictures, and I could plainly see Krishna in them. Krishna was suddenly everywhere! In every item and in every person I could see Him. It was a very special feeling and experience; I felt as if I was free and everything was one. The morning after the three days had passed, Swami called my father and asked if I had seen Krishna. When my father asked me, I answered, “No”, because I was disappointed that I had not seen Krishna the way I imagined I would. My father told Swami on the phone that I had not seen Krishna and Swami laughed. Later I realised that not only did I see Krishna, but that Swami Vishwananda had granted me my first experience of unity with God! R.P. - Switzerland