9 Dec 2009

He would come!


For one of my following appointments with Swami Vishwananda I had decided not to speak with him about my inner pain and fears. However, it all turned out a little differently. As soon as I stepped into the interview room, I was not able to utter even a single word. I cried so hard, as if a great pain deep inside me had been touched. Everything I had suppressed for such a long time broke out of me like a volcano. I still remember that I was terribly ashamed, for I thought that I was too weak to contain myself. Swami simply smiled at me lovingly. After a few minutes he mentioned, very calmly, the letter I had written to invite him to my home. I gasped and told him, my face wet with tears, that I thought a visit would not be possible due to my lack of English. He said there was the option of engaging a translator. I will never forget this moment. I felt like a child that had just received a piece of chocolate to make it stop crying. In that moment I forgot all my fears and pains. My heart was full of joy and boundless love. Nothing else was important anymore. He would come! With his endless love, he freed me within minutes from my inner jail.