2 Jul 2009

World-peace of mind

Swami Vishwananda often delivers speeches before giving darshan. He does not plan the topics he chooses to speak about, they simply flow. Often it turns out that many questions that people have wanted to ask him are answered during his speeches. A disciple once asked him to talk about world peace, the disciple told us:

"He answered that this might be a good idea and he later went on to talk about the importance of peace in the mind. He said that the outside world would never provide stability or security for a person and that these very qualities would have to be found within inside each person. I have been to many darshans with Swami Vishwananda over the years and I have found that every one is always a new and unique experience. Swami is aware of everyone’s thoughts but he doesn’t want to talk about this. Once as I was sitting near him in the front during a darshan, I noticed many incidents that could not be explained with a conventional worldview as Swami gave darshan to each person: He asked a child to take education more seriously as he had skipped out of school. He gave another child only a sweet and told me that this child was just coming for the sweet. He gave me a handful of vibhuti packets to give to someone at the back of the room as this person was in need of it and had to leave soon. When I hoped for a special piece of prasad, he asked for the whole bowl and picked out my favorite piece."