15 Jul 2009

"Are you my Guru?“

In summer 2002, Swami Vishwananda started to practice the Hindu-religion again. Drishti was there and tells us:
"I was very happy about this. In Mauritius He built a temple for the Indian Saint Shirdi Sai Baba next to the chapel dedicated to Mother Mary. This was the first time I experienced all the Hindu-ceremonies and heard how beautifully Swami Vishwananda sang Bhajans (Indian devotional songs). I especially liked the recital of mantras, the Lingam-Abishekam in the morning and the occasional Yagnas (fire ceremonies). To see Swami in this way was new and very exciting for me. I had a wonderful time with Him in His homeland. Some visitors from Europe rented a small fishing-boat and we sailed very early in the morning out into the sea to swim with the dolphins. We were wondering whether we’d see any dolphins at all. However, Swami was with us, so I knew it would work out. Many dolphins came, they swam very close to the boat and we were able to touch them. It looked as if they were doing a “ballet” for us and we had a very good time. Towards the end of this holiday I was thinking about, whether Swami Vishwananda was my Guru or not. I wasn’t actually looking for anything like a Guru in my life at that point. I was wondering whether I should ask Him though I didn’t dare to. After all, I thought, it wasn’t that important.  On my last evening in Mauritius, I was about to go to bed when Swami called for me. He was standing on the balcony and we were looking over the town. “Nice evening”, He said. “Yes”, I answered… “It’s not hot here”, He said. „No, the weather is nice,“ I answered. What kind of conversation was this, I thought to myself! Why is He standing here? Ok, maybe He feels that something is bothering me, I thought. So I said: “I have a very stupid question, may I ask it?” He encouraged me and said: “Yes, ask!” So I asked: “Are you my Guru?” He looked into my eyes and said: “What does your heart say?” “My heart says yes,” I replied. He agreed and said: “Yes, I am your Guru“. That was a wonderful moment. Finally I reached home. Since that moment I have felt absolutely calm, cared for and protected. On another visit to Mauritius, Swami Vishwananda taught a group of about 15 people various energising exercises every morning and meditated with us. Towards the end of the trip everyone received their personal Guru-Mantra".