19 Nov 2009

Praying the rosary


Pritalananda tells from his holiday at the home of Swami Vishwananda 1999 in Mauritius:
One Friday night, many people came to the chapel for prayer and to chant the rosary. After a while, Swami left the room and went to his bedroom. Later I went to him and he was kneeling in front of a big picture with the face of Mary. He was topless and his whole body, his hair and even his eyes were covered with thousands of oil drops. He said to me:
“It is burning my eyes! I have it in my nose and down my throat! What are the people doing?”
“They keep on praying on the rosary,” I replied.
“That’s good,” he murmured.
This was a marvellous week; I was full of happiness like I had never been before. On the day of my departure, early in the morning the taxi took me to the airport. I was crying all the way. The driver, full of compassion, even forgot to charge me. He received his pay later though.