17 Nov 2009

My first encounter

Swami Vishwananda arrived at my house on a nice and sunny summer afternoon, he remained for ten minutes in the doorway. Everyone was awe-inspired. I couldn’t help repeating in my head: “Babaji is here, Babaji is in my house! This is incredible. My God, how beautiful he is!”
As a matter of fact, all those present could not say a word before this handsome twenty-one-year-old boy radiating the Divine. We went on the terrace to observe this ´rare bird´ fallen from Heaven. I was surprised to feel so at ease with him, like an old friend whom I hadn’t seen for a long time. I showed him the paintings I had made of my spiritual master. He looked at them for a long time. He told me that this master had offered him a great statue of Krishna while he was visiting Mauritius. This comforted me: if my guru had offered him a statue, then he must be a good person.
Once he left, the only wish I had was to see him again soon!
Pritalananda