5 Oct 2009

Cousin Ravi meets the Divine Mother

Swami Vishwananda tells the story when his Cousin Ravi met the Divine Mother: "Once the Divine Mother came to him and he got the Darshan of the Divine Mother as Kali. You know Kali. She looks very scary in the outside, but very soft in the inside. When he saw the Divine Mother in Her aspect, he was of course very scared. So the Mother said: “Why are you scared? I am the Mother, you don’t need to be scared of me.” She blessed him and said: “Tomorrow I shall come to you, but you have to recognize me.” My cousin asked me “How will I recognize Her?” Then I said to him: “She said it to you. It’s up to you to recognize. If I tell you, then you will pass the test.” Well, but I gave him a tip : “Bow down to all the ladies that you see.” He said to me: “That’s a great task. Imagine how many Matajis I will meet.“ This is a simple test. From morning till late in the evening he will bow down to every Mataji that he met, even on the road in London. I tell you, I remember it was really funny to see the reactions of the persons. At the end of the day Maa came back and She was very happy with him and said: “Indeed you have passed the test. You have seen me in all the Mothers and you have received my blessing.” The Mother has come in a different form and gave the blessing. So you don’t know when the Divine will come to you and which form the Divine takes to come to you. We think in our mind that the Divine has to come only in the form that we imagine. No, the Divine will never come in that form. In your inner self, your heart shall recognize the Divine Mother. So many times I have seen the Divine coming in different forms. And when I was ready to act, She stopped me and said “Keep quiet.” And this connection that we all have to God should be there. It’s not a connection with your mind, who is trying to understand always, but the heart to heart connection to the Divine. You heart, your consciousness will know about the Divine. So everyday you do have Darshan of God."