10 Dec 2010

Swami Vishwananda encourages us to love...

So easy to spread love!


Swami Vishwannada encourages us again and again to love and to spread love. And he always says that it is so easy. But what do we do? We think about, how we can spread love, instead of just radiating love.
A few days ago I had a nice experience with one of my sisters here at Shree Peetha Nilaya regarding spreading love. It started with me getting annoyed with her and I expressed my anger. When I saw her the next time in the temple for prayers I could suddenly feel love for her. I was surprised about this lovely love-feeling, because in my mind I was still clinging to my anger, also my anger with myself. But this is what we humans love to do, we attach ourselves to the negative. It came quickly to my mind that she must be sending love to me. To send love to somebody with whom you have a conflict works miracles each time. Try it! Later I could ask her, whether my impression was right that she was sending love to me and she confirmed. You can send love in many ways, for example to send light, in all colours, silver, gold, you can imagine how the other is being showered with love-light. It is so simple. And the good thing is that you also benefit. That´s how love multiplies by giving. It is so simple, we just have to want it. We just have to give ourselves this little kick to get over ourselves and to send love instead of stupid thoughts.