18 Mar 2010

Radiating Joy

In his last Darshan speach Swami Vishwananda told following story:
Swami Vishwananda: Once somebody went to a Saint, and said, “Dear Saint, tell me how would I love the same way you love?" He was a doctor. The saint closed his eyes and thought for awhile and said, “My dear Doctor, I know you treat a lot of people, but all that you do, you treat people but you always take money. So, do one thing: once a week, treat for free whoever comes to you; give your treatment for free."
So the doctor listened to the Saint and he practiced what the doctor said up to two months. The saint approached him again and said, “How are you?" He saw that the doctor was radiating so much joy and happiness, he said to the doctor, “You seem very happy nowadays." And the doctor said to the saint, “Yes, dear Saint, I have taken what you have said to me and I have practiced it. Once a week I have given free treatment to everybody who comes and truly this has opened my heart and this has made me really feel a great happiness inside of me."