29 Jun 2009

Teachings

Swami Vishwananda knows all of our strengths and weaknesses. On one occasion when a german devotee wanted to visit his parents in Bavaria, he asked Swami for some advice on what to say to them. Swami Vishwananda said, “Tell them that you love them.”

About this, the devotee told us:"I knew, on one hand, that it would be very important to tell them I love them, but on the other, not easy. I then realized I had never shared with them how I felt. Swami’s sole purpose is to teach us, not only during satsangs, but also in daily life. Swami Vishwananda will never miss an opportunity to teach us about ourselves. He often lets us know, patiently and in many different ways, that God is within us. Swami says that God is pure love, light and peace. And since we are made in the image of God, we also are pure love, light and bliss. God is not far away in heaven, but He is within everyone of us, and without everyone of us. How often, in daily life, we forget this simple fact, that God and Guru are omnipresent. But how nice it is to remember that God and Guru’s grace is always with us. I know, through Swamiji’s blessing, I’m moving faster to my ultimate goal of Self-Realization.