26 Jun 2009

Lingam

A resident of Springen told us about the lingam that Swami Vishwananda materialised for him in 1998:

"I witnessed the birth of my lingam. It was transparent and had the shape of an eye. When Swami gave it to me, he pressed it against my third eye. Since then I’ve done the same as a kind of ritual before and after placing it in its water at night. Until it returned to where it came from, I always carried it like a baby around my neck. It stayed with me for over eight years.

My life purpose was often reflected in my professionally life which seemed to revolve around bringing transparency and insight into certain things. In this sense, the lingam served to remind me of my personal destiny which became increasingly visible to me: like any spiritual student, my purpose includes developing insight into the ultimate secrets of life. The lingam represented this eye of deeper in-sight and its formlessness. Being transparent and without colour, it fits very well with my truest nature, which likes to identify itself with the formless, with the absolute.