27 Jun 2009

Asking for help

Often I could experiment that when I had a difficult question in my head, I could get at once an answer when meditating upon Swami Vishwananda and asking him for the answer. Once, a devotee from South Africa told me this story:

"In Mauritius, Swami Vishwananda said me that if I ever needed Him, I just had to meditate on Him and He would be there for me.  A friend of many years came to me and asked if I could assist her in any way as she was in a very dire financial position. She needed a substantial sum of money immediately or else she could lose her house and car. I explained my fantastic experience in Mauritius and I told her that I had surrendered myself to the Divine and that she should do the same. That night I meditated and asked Swamiji to assist my friend.Two days later she phoned me and told me that someone whom she had a met through business had heard that she was in trouble, and had written out a cheque for the money she needed and told her that this was a gift and not a loan! To remove any doubt from the sceptics reading this text, the person who has never even heard of Swami Vishwananda also gave Eunice a book that he thought she should read, ‘Autobiography of a Yogi’ by Paramahansa Yogananda !