22 Jun 2009

The burnt bulb

This morning, when I woke up, the bedside lamp in Swami Vishwananda’s hotel room was not working anymore.  - “It must be when I went to this lady who was very sick. I went to comfort her because she is going to die very soon. It must be the energy that burnt the bulb. If you had woken up earlier and looked at me I would have looked dead and you would have been afraid,” He told me. - “Maybe. Tell me, this person was aware that you were there?” I asked. - “Of course! I will call her today. You know, the three days before you die, many people see all their life as well as the way they will die. That is why when a person is about to die, they get better to talk to those that they are going to leave.” He said.  We went in the car and took the motorway. Above the motorways, luminous signs displayed the time. I noticed that each time we passed under one of these signs, it would start to flicker. - “What is that? Do you think it is a speed control?” I asked. “No, it must still be the energy,” said Swami Vishwananda.