28 Jul 2009

Darshan of Swami Vishwananda

During darshan people have sometimes amazing spiritual experiences. Vijan from South Africa tells us about his experience with Swami Vishwananda:
"I know Swami Vishwananda for about four years in Begin 2005. I played harmonium for him on that first meeting. Coming from a deeply ritualistic hindu background and being naturally sceptic, I will admit that I find it difficult to believe in miracles..., still, perhaps you will find my experience worthy. During Dharshan, when one is on bended knees in front of Swami Vishwananda, and beholds his beautiful eyes, I am transported in that brief moment, through the Cosmos, through fire and ether, to a beautiful, wondrous place that I feel can only be heaven. This must be the same feeling that Mother Yashoda must have experienced when she gazed into the mouth of her beautiful boy, Shri Krishna, and beheld the entire Cosmos inside of his mouth. Love for one's Guru is infinite and unconditional. I know now that beholding a miracle will not affect my feelings toward my Guru. I only grieve that it took so long to find him".