6 Oct 2009

Why so late?

During that first time spent with Swami Vishwananda, we were walking with him in the fruit market in London and I asked Him some burning questions. I asked him why it had taken so many years for me to meet Him. I asked him, “Why now? Why so late? Why did you keep me waiting for such a long time? Why didn’t we meet earlier?” I pleaded with Him to tell me why. Swami simply said to me, “God loves you”. I broke down and I stood there with Swami hugging me with my head on his shoulder. He said, “God loves you and I love you”. I cried so much that his left shoulder was soaked. All this took place in the middle of a large fruit market with hundreds of people watching! Swami seemed oblivious to the crowd’s reaction and simply showed me love. As time passes, I understand more and more of this spiritual journey. I am definitely here for Swami, to serve him in his mission. I genuinely feel that there is no other reason for me to be on this earth and I have no other interest in having taken this birth on earth.
D. K. UK