21 Oct 2009

Respect, or how do I meet my Guru

When you meet your Satguru, you feel, that this is a very special encounter. And you try to grasp, who or what he is, but you cannot grasp him. I am always wondering in my encounters with my Satguru Swami Vishwananda: How do I deal with my Guru? He is so near and yet so far away. How can I ever live up to him? Often I have felt clumsy or disrespectful without wanting to be like that. I have always suffered from this conflict. One day in Steffenshof, I had a conversation with Guruji. This conversation came about only through Pritalananda who told Guruji that I had something on my mind which than made him to summon me. I got the impression that he was actually a bit amused about my shyness. After this conversation we walked down the stairs together, when I said from the bottom of my heart to him: “I am so sorry when I am sometimes disrespectful towards you, Swami.” He answered straight away: “I don´t care, that’s your problem. You are suffering, not me.” Prajna, Centre Springen