25 Oct 2009

God never forgets

When I met Swami Vishwananda the first time, I felt that I had known these eyes for a long time. Together with my husband we had a short conversation with him, not knowing what to say or ask. When I finally managed to speak, I muttered: “Swami, can you come and bless our house?” He replied: “It is all in the hands of the Divine, when the time is right, and if it is meant to be, it will happen”. Then he said: “Ah, maybe five years time”. I was shocked, five years is a long time. In later years I came to realise the phrase: 'Man asks and forgets, but God never forgets'. Swami kept his promise; exactly five years later, I had a phone call from Swami and he asked if we were free and that he would like to come and visit us. I was thrilled. He came home and blessed us all, and we had a beautiful lunch with him.