21 Aug 2009

Love and Patience

Some time later, I had the opportunity to translate for Swami Vishwananda during private interviews with people. I observed how he created that very private contact with all people on an intimate level and was able to give them exactly what they needed at exactly the right time. This, I realised, was true love, accepting people exactly as they are, unconditionally. Once, Swami Vishwananda gave a lecture at an Easter program that touched me deeply. I felt that he addressed me alone. I was thinking, Could it really be that he is speaking only to me? Later I found out that I was not the only one who had felt that way - many people had experienced exactly the same thing. Swami Vishwananda is capable of reaching out to people on a mass scale, and teaching them with an incredible amount of love and patience. During darshan, Swami Vishwananda transmits divine energy to the crowd as well as personally when he gives the individual blessing. The individual blessing is a very intimate moment where whatever one is carrying around, be it sorrow or sickness, can be transformed by the divine energy. This is what I felt during my first darshan in Cape Town, South Africa. At other darshans I have experienced an incredible amount of energy, sometimes very powerful and sometimes very soft and tender. Sumitra, Germany