20 Aug 2009

He is my guru dev

In November 2003, I flew to Mauritius together with a few friends to see Swami Vishwananda. We stayed at a nearby hotel and went every morning to the ashram for abishekam, which was done mostly by Swami Vishwananda. Then every evening we went for aarti. On our first day there, Swami showed us around the ashram and his home in which he had lived as a boy. There were many exciting miracles that had taken place there. There was a wall on which an image of Shirdi Baba had appeared murtis which were covered in chandan, kumkum or vibhuti and there was also amrit and sacred oil flowing from statues and pictures. Just as I was leaving the room, Swami Vishwananda placed something in my hand. To my delight it was my first materialised ring. As I sat in my hotel room and recalled the day’s events, I just couldn’t believe it. It was almost too good to be true. This was the most blissful time I had ever had in my life. I also came to the realization that I had always been with Swami in every incarnation and that the pain I had experienced in this lifetime was due to my soul’s longing to be with him again. As I watch new people with Swami Vishwananda, experiencing exactly the same thing I did then, my own love for him grows stronger as I recall how I felt during my first visit to Mauritius, and I experience those feelings all over again. Sumitra - Germany