13 Aug 2010

My story began with a letter...


I sent to my aunt in Moscow.
In my letter I wrote that I was feeling well and that my life was actually fine except that there was still something really important missing. A couple of weeks later she informed me with inexplicable delight that Swami Vishwananda was coming to Moscow and that I should come to see him.

At first I had my doubts since the trip to Moscow would be long and costly and I had plenty of work to do, moreover, I knew nothing about Swami Vishwananda. My aunt tried to persuade me by saying: “Just imagine, you’ve got a rare chance to meet with Christ, did you know that devotees even travel on foot to visit Holy places. We regard him as Christ”. That was when I decided to go.
I did not expect anything special from my first meeting with Swami Vishwananda.

We arrived long before the beginning of the Satsang so we took our seats in the front row and spent some time observing the preparations for the darshan and enjoying the music and the beautiful singing. As time went on more and more people arrived until the big hall got completely packed and everyone waited with impatience for Swamiji to make his entrance.
Finally….he arrived!
All of a sudden the atmosphere in the hall changed and some people became very excited while others became quiet and motionless as they watched Swami enter the room.

It was as though time had stopped. I did not know what to do or how to behave when Swami walked by me. At that moment something strange happened within me but none of my relatives noticed anything even though they were standing close by. Tears were flowing down my eyes, I felt shivers down my spine and my whole body started to tremble. To my great surprise I could do nothing to control these reactions. I felt strong vibrations all over my body as though I were going through some strange transformation. At that moment I realized that I did not know myself at all. Once someone had told me that God is vibration and that was exactly what I felt when Swami walked past me.
After this my life has never been the same.